Sales & Service
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 7:30pm AEDT

Cover Options

The level of cover you need will depend on the type of property you own. If your rental property is a house, you will need Building Insurance AND Landlord Insurance.

If your rental property is a unit within a complex and within an Owners Corporation (also known as a Body Corporate or Strata) you need Landlord insurance. The Owners Corporation should already have insurance cover for the building.  If your property is used for short-stay accommodation or holiday rentals, please refer to our Holiday Property Protection Policy. To find out more about the different levels of cover click on the options below.

Landlord insurance covers the rental income that your property earns, public liability, malicious and accidental damage, pet damage and theft of the property contents (carpets, blinds, underlays, light fittings and any other household items owned by you for the tenants use).

Landlord insurance

Weekly Rent
Up To $1,250
Up To:
Tenant Default – Financial Hardship
12 Weeks
Tenant Default – Departure without notice
20 Weeks
Tenant Default – Court Ordered Termination
20 Weeks
Tenant Default – Domestic Violence
20 Weeks
Tenant Default – Death, Murder or Suicide
26 Weeks
No vacant Possession
52 Weeks
Loss of Rent due to damage accepted under the policy
52 Weeks
Accidental loss or Damage to your contents
Deliberate Damage to contents by tenant
Theft by Tenants
Damage to Contents due to illegal drugs
Legal Expenses
Damage by Tenants Pets
Fumigations Costs
Tax Audit
Locks & Keys
Garbage Removal
Legal Liability Cover
Re-letting Fees
Up to $500
$250 per claim
Accidental Damage by a Third Party other than your Tenant
Additional $250 per claim
Accidental Damage by Tenant including Damage by Pets
Additional $250 per claim
Theft by Tenant
Additional $250 per claim
Electric Motor Burnout
Additional $300 per claim
Additional $500 per claim
Earthquake, tsunami or volcanic eruption
Additional $5,000 per claim
Tenant Damage and Tenant Default where property is self-managed
1 week rent
Tenant Damage and Tenant Default where managed by a licensed property manager
Loss of Rent
Premium **
$351 / year
$341 / year
$351 / year
$358 / year
$381 / year
$441 / year
$341 / year

*Conditions limits and exclusions apply. Please read our policy disclosure documents for more information.

**Prices subject to change

The PIP Advantage

*For new policies purchased after 6th July 2023 with a start date on or after 1st August 2023.

Tools for Landlords

Compare Cover Benefits

Our comparison page outlines the features and benefits of each policy.

Building Sum Calculator

Choosing the right sum-insured for your property and contents is important. We recommend using this sum insured calculator.

Disclosure Documents

In order to make an informed assessment of your risk and understand whether our policy suits your needs, please read our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and related documents.

Read More
"I definitely recommend Property Insurance Plus. They cover contamination and are also a specialist insurance company. They cover FDV I've found them to be the BEST value for money!"
Read More
"Very happy with my recent experience with PIP Insurance. I highly recommend Lucy who helped me with the claim process making it seem very easy and straightforward."
Read More
"We wanted to extend our appreciation to all involved in the process. Garry was instrumental, helpful and professional. A big thank you to all who helped turn around this difficult situation."

Contact Us

If you are unable to complete a quote using the above links, or have a question relating to which property insurance product is right for you, please contact us here

Property Insurance Plus

Get In Touch

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields


You have questions, we have answers.